I’m Eluan Costa Miranda, a Software Engineer. Playing with computers since I was 3, playing and trying to understand them since I was 9.
Here is a small and incomplete timeline of my formative years.
- Read my first C book, being 11 years old at the time.
- Adapted Frikbot to play the Total Destruction II Quake 1 modification
- Rewrote Total Destruction II Quake 1 modification from scratch with advanced Clan Matches support
- Maintained Total Destruction II for a while, during its last moments of life
- Finished Airquake 2 by adding helicopters/ground vehicles and refining the gameplay to mine and my friends tastes. New features, maps and models
- Heavily modified Action Quake 2 to mine and my friends tastes. New features, maps and models
- N64 Serial Controller Interface
- 80C51 single board computer and simple EEPROM programmer
- Made a simple 24-bit software rendering 3D engine with Quake 1 model support
- Ported Quake to the Nintendo Wii, with full hardware acceleration and wiimote support without any documentation other than the header files from a free software library.
- ACM-ICPC World Finals contestant, contest held in Stockholm, Sweden.